• Happy National No Socks Day! 🧦🚫👣

Getting my throat slit

Jon - Best to you and your surgical team. I'll think good thoughts and wish you all the best. Keep steady with your post-surgical regime and you'll be back to paddling by the time the water is liquid again. By the way...this can be a wonderful excuse to let the younger folks do all the portaging!

That's all for now. Take care and until next time...be well.

snapper

Jon - " By the way...this can be a wonderful excuse to let the younger folks do all the portaging!"

That's all for now. Take care and until next time...be well.

snapper

Jon, we are the same age but I'll help carry your gear if you make an effort to join us this spring. It's a great goal to work for, a spring trip.

:DI got my throat slit and my head didn't even fall off!!! Everything seems to be going well so far. Hospital staff thought I should stay a 2nd night but my surgeon said that wasn't necessary.
Sooo... here I am at home I am truly thankful for all your prayers and good wishes.

Robin, I greatly appreciate your offer!!! My hope is that I'll be able to do it myself at least by early May. I am truly blessed to know such caring and thoughtful people:cool:

Good to hear you are already on the way to a good and fast recovery!! Have a great winter and happy holidays!!

Welcome home.

As a fellow bad back fellow (blown L2/L3, pressing on a nerve) I hope all is successful.

First off, I want to thank you all for your prayers and concern. Not quite 3 weeks yet but the recovery process is a lot slower than I had hoped. There are 3 things I really enjoy doing in the winter: down hill skiing and that's out for the season; walking my dog and that will be 3 more weeks; running my snow blower - yes running my snowblower!!! it offers reflective time, also out for the season (unless we get a blizzard in May) Between my sons and 4 neighbors our driveway has managed to stay open.. Doctor assures me I will be paddling this summer, he wouldn't commit to early spring. Most days I notice some ever-so-slight improvement but it's not quick enough, I'm starting to drive my poor wife bonkers.

Seeing as it's you, and I wouldn't wish this on just anyone, I'm hoping and praying you'll get a winter wonderland of a snowstorm in May. Just your street. That'll put a pep in your step and song in your heart G Paddler. Keep the snow blower gassed up.
Best wishes from across the border.

Back