• Happy National Paranormal Day! 🔮👻👽

Getting my throat slit

Reaction score
WNY south of Buffalo (closer to Turtle than he rea
I've been having upper back and shoulder pain since mid August and after several attempts with chiropractic (and at DC's suggestion) went to a neurosurgeon.

I have a deteriorating cervical disc causing all the problems, so Monday 5:30am I will be at the hospital for surgery. They actually go through your throat to get to the spine. Surgeon assures me that the procedure is simple and safe.

I don't really have any major worries or concerns, but if anyone is so inclined, I will deeply appreciate your prayers. Thanks guys, and Merry Christmas.

Jon

Wishes you all the best and a fast recovery!! I have degenerative disk disease on L5-S1 that bring major sciatica pain in my right leg, but I did a lot of reinforcement and try to work smarter and so far so good... But it will come back!

Speedy healing wishes from the just down the highway from the North Pole. The curse of the upright stance, is all kinds of spine problems. Keep us posted on the recovery, You will be in fine fettle for the spring canoe tripping season.
BB

Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Jon.
Canotrouge, I built up some muscles in my lower back and abs to stabilize my sciatic nerve, and as you said 'so far so good'.

Thinking of you... I guess its a good Christmas present to yourself!
needless to say tumplining is out for you!

Yes best wishes for a speedy recovery I had L5-S1 done about 9 years ago, follow the doctors restrictions and things will go well.

Best of luck going through surgery. Hopefully, it will take care of the problem and ease your pain.................Tony

Hey Gramps,
Modern medicine can be amazing..I know two guys that had the same, from the front surgery, they both have regained full strength and flexibility, and are pain free. I have recently had carpal tunnel surgery on both hands. Talk about an improvement!! I skied deep powder and bumps just ten days after the first hand.
Just follow the post op directives, you'll be better than new in no time, I'm sure.

Jon , Best to get rid of any pains in the neck before the new year , so You can get together again in the upcoming season . I may even have a double blade along per your sound advice . Best wishes for your procedure and a happy & healthy Christmas And New Year.

Jon, Several years ago after 8-9 years of neck, upper back and shoulder pain I had surgery done for a herniated disk in my neck. Once they got in they found a second that the MRI didn't pick up along with bone spurs. I was out of work for 10 weeks, I liked that. Listen to the doc's orders and take it easy. Once I was back on my feet again I was pain free. Wishing you the best of luck

Good luck, GP. I've been having issues with herniated disk in my neck since September, myself. Still going to PT for it and I'm about 90% better now and hoping to avoid surgery for now.

Back