• Happy International Mermaid Day! 🧜🏼‍♀️

For the whiskey lovers in the room

Elijah Craig, Woodfords Reserve, Bulleit, Wild Turkey, Gentleman Jack, !792, Pendleton, Eight Seconds, Maker's Mark, etc. are the names I look for.

On the 7th day of a Boundary Waters trip, we finished a portage near Knife Lake. I sat down next to my Duluth Packs, and asked my friends, "How about some gin on the rocks?" Sure they said. We had not seen any ice for 4 days. In those days (1985) everyone drank out of the lakes. We pulled out some tin cups and poured some quality English gin (Tanqueray?) into the cups, added a splash of lake water, and then I put ceremoniously added a small handful of clean pebbles to each cup. Cheers. One of the best glasses of gin on the rocks of my lifetime.

Well Brother McCrea,
I might be able to make a donation of a Holy Hand Grenade to your shop if I could enlist your services when I re-rail my Magic this spring.
Jim

Well Brother McCrea,
I might be able to make a donation of a Holy Hand Grenade to your shop if I could enlist your services when I re-rail my Magic this spring.
Jim

Works for me.

I will have to retract a previous oath, repeated several times after regunwaling a canoe with one piece MRC aluminum gunwales – “I will NEVER do another canoe with aluminum”. A two piece aluminum gunwale system should eliminate most of the difficulties.

Even with lots of clamps I suspect regunwaling with aluminum will be easier as a two person job.

When it comes to beer, wine and liquor on a canoe trip, especially one longer than 5 days, one of the most important tenants is to never run out of libations.

CW assures me that the two piece sets have fewer vices, including less tenancy to alter the overall shape of the hull.

Back