• Happy National Zipper Day (pat. 1913)! 🤐

flotation bags....

Reaction score
I took my Swift Raven out yesterday to my pond and paddled for awhile. I like the fact it is wider and taller than the Bell YS. I purposely turned it over and was not real pleased with how low it floats so I am planning on putting a 36"ish bag at both ends of it so when I flip it in on my river trips....which I will.....it will be easier to manage. I am searching high and low for bags and ran across the GAIA 36" solo canoe bag. The problem is I cannot find anyone that sells it. Does anyone have an info reference where to find them? I will probably get the rigging gear from either NRS or Rutabaga.

Edit.... Just got a message that the GAIA bags are no longer made..... Looking for something else now.

Last edited:
Mine is a 2013 boat. Do you a photo you can share with the bags in the boat? Thanks for the link. The yellow bag looks like a much better fit plus it is only 43 inches long inflated. That will be just about perfect I think.

Last edited:
I use 30" nylon NRS bags (tandem end bags) in my Raven for tripping purposes. They add a lot of buoyancy without taking up much cargo space.

Between the bags and tied down packs, I have managed to replace swimming with bailing on a few occasions.

-wjmc

Canotrouge those are some really nice looking bags for sure. Thanks for the link.

WJMC I sent you a PM reference the bags you use.

I just want to clarify that I don't have any affiliation what so ever with http://www.falllinecanoes.com. I just like to promote good quality stuff made by a great guy that actually use the stuff and made in North America, Like I will aways promote the work Of John Kazimierczyk @ Millbrook boats!!

I'm seconding the Fall Line Canoe Bags (and not just because they herald from Virginia). Shawn and his cronies are a stand up bunch of open boaters, good peoplez, who happen to also be sort of re-visiting what is possible in an open canoe. Quality bags fer sure!

I like the fact they have the second outside skin for UV/bag protection etc. I put a call into them and awaiting communication. I may just bag the YS solo and the Polaris as well. They have an extensive color selection as well.

Another for the Fall LIne brand. I don't remember what brand I currently have in my OC-1, Bell I think. They've held up well but I admired my buddies Fall Lines at a recent white water festival.
Cheers,

Barry

You'll wince at the price but you're paying a good dude for a really good product.

No Title

forgot to post the finished product. Uncle Skwid and Canotrouge you guys were correct...this is a very nice piece of equipment.

Attachments

• photo5772.jpg
    photo5772.jpg
    221.1 KB · Views: 0
  • photo5773.jpg
    photo5773.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nicely done. If you paddle anything like I do, you'll be repairing the boat before you have to repair the bags...

Great looking bags, they will last you a long time, money well spent/invested!!

Back