• Happy National Paranormal Day! 🔮👻👽

Flipping Good

Setback - neuropathy in arm (ac separation) fingers, then hand, then forearm went numb. Icing shoulder helps, but I heve to get an EMG tomorrow. Starts with my ring finger, then the others one by one until my arm is like a rubber billy club.

Yup - been down that road. Had the nerve conduction study as well. For me they did a few tests and then did an MRI to get a good look everything. Found the tailbone was knocked out of whack, which was pinching nerves that gave the neuropathy.

Hang in - they will get you back out there!

Setback - neuropathy in arm (ac separation) fingers, then hand, then forearm went numb. Icing shoulder helps, but I heve to get an EMG tomorrow. Starts with my ring finger, then the others one by one until my arm is like a rubber billy club.
That sucks, I've had several EMG's- not pleasant (partially because of my damage) They pepper you with little needles then selectively run voltage through them to trace your nervous system and check for "signal strength". In my case the signal was showing up everywhere but where it should, in varying intensities from tingling to feeling like I peed on a cattle fence (overstimulated nerve centres), What it proved though is that my brain was trying to find new paths for the motor and sensory signals around the damaged nerves and basically rewiring itself.
I now know that when my big toe burns, I need to check my other toes, leg posterior, and side of my foot for cuts or bruising...

I’m familiar with neuropathy too. Hang in there. It can improve. No sense in worrying about it before it happens.

You can paddle a canoe with only one arm. I’ve seen it.

Losing the use of an arm or hand can happen to anyone in the back country. Just like heart attacks, strokes, etc. what really worries me, and probably you, is that people will start telling you you can’t go, it isn’t safe, etc. etc.
So you tell them that’s what these nifty satellite communicators are for.

Hang in there BF. The Human body is amazing and can recover from many situations. Be faithful to the PT, and then keep moving forward with a self styled fitness plan that fits your needs.

Back