• Happy Birthday, William Shakespeare (1564-1616)! 2️⃣🅱️, 🚫2️⃣🅱️

Father's Day Paddle

Reaction score
There seem to be quite a few Wooden Canoe Nuts on this site. If you are looking for an outing and proximal to eastern Massachusetts, please consider joining us. We don't discriminate against boats made from synthetic materials either. Bring the family.

Annual Norumbega Chapter of the WCHA Father's Day Paddle. Sunday, June 18, 2017, Father’s Day on the Sudbury and Concord Rivers. This has become our big paddle event of the year. As before we can meet at Sherman’s Bridge on the Lincoln/Sudbury line before 8:30 am and after a car shuttle we should be moving by 9:00 am. It is about an 8-mile run from the put in to the Old North Bridge in Concord. Bring a lunch and we will spend some time at National Park in Concord. For those who may want to join in without doing the paddling portion, we usually arrive at the Old North Bridge a little past noon. Feel free to bring a lunch and meet us there if you are not up to the paddling portion.

The river level and weather forecast are very promising.

For additional information, contact John Fitzgerald at jmbfitz at hotmail.com

Attachments

• photo7172.jpg
    photo7172.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 0
Thanks for the generous invitation. If I was any closer I'd probably take you up on it. Unfortunately, I live about 4 hours to the west so won't be making it. That being said, I'll do my best to get out paddling that day so I'll be thinking of you all when I do so.

Take care and until next time...be well.

snapper

Very nice idea Fitz, thank you for the open invite. Wish I lived closer. Happy Father's Day to all who participate and paddle.

Back