• Happy International Mermaid Day! 🧜🏼‍♀️

estern PA Solo Canoe Rendevous

Reaction score
Western PA Solo Canoe Rendezvous 2017 - A reminder, and fresh invitation, to everyone to what will be the 10th annual Western PA Solo Canoe Rendezvous. Held always the first full weekend in June, which this year will be June 2/3/4, (Friday-Sunday) 2017, at our regular home at Cooper’s Lake Campground, Portersville/Slippery Rock PA. A deliberately informal gathering of enthusiasts and afficianados of solo canoes in particular (but tandems are welcome too…) We have the best of the current canoe manufacturers present (Hemlock, Colden, Savage River, Slipstream, Merrimack, Dogpaddle, possibly others) with demo models for you to try out; a selection of classic canoes that you just don’t see that often; some FreeStyle paddling instruction and Interpretive demos; a Candlelight paddle over the night-darkened pond if the weather allows; some beautifully restored wood/canvas canoes from our local Three Rivers Chapter of WCHA; and much else. An event dedicated to the goal of immersing oneself in canoes and canoe folks in all of their variety and diversity for 60-some hours to the Exclusion of All Other Reality. The event itself is free, though our host campground assesses a fee for camping and for day-trippers. Information is available at our website http://www.wpascr.org

(click on “message board” – anything with 2017 in the thread title will contain current info, and clicking on “prior years” will take you to pictures of Rendezvous’ past) and also on our Facebook page (“Western PA Solo Canoe Rendezvous”). You can “like” us there, but you’ll like us a whole lot more in real life, so come be with us. It’s a Very Nice Affair Indeed! See you there…

Steve Tolle and I will be representing Hemlock Canoe at the event this year as Dave and Carol Curtis will be involved with another engagement. We will be there early Friday with the full fleet of Hemlock demo canoes. We have learned that David Yost plans to attend with a trailer of boats from Swift. Like the weather forecast from Slippery Rock PA, this event is getting better and better. See you there!

Ya know, I'd asked Swift if they were going to be there and the official response I got was "nope". I'm ever more bummed out now that I wasn't able to make it out this year.

Ya know, I'd asked Swift if they were going to be there and the official response I got was "nope". I'm ever more bummed out now that I wasn't able to make it out this year.
David Yost brought a couple of Swift boats . That is entirely different from Swift "being there" with a trailer load of different models. DY sometimes does this as a favor to the official roadies with the big loads

Similar to Northstar. There was a person at Maine Canoe with one boat. Solo. Not the same as an official Northstar road show
The truth is these smaller shows are not cost effective for a big show of boats and reps

Last edited:
There was lot of great canoes there, DY brought a Kee 14, 15 and a Combo 16, along with Hemlock, Colden, Savage River, Slipstream, and Merrimack. There was lots of other POC to try out also.

DY paddling in

Dead Fish Polo

Always an enjoyable event. I was pleased to be able to help Colden and slipstream by them using my boats for display/demo. You are all invited to our mini solo canoe "canoeapoluza" at our home in Springville on july 1st. Contact me or see wny paddlers facebook page for details.
Turtle

Back