• Happy Midnight Ride of Paul Revere (1775)! ⛪🕯️🕛🏇🏼

Dry Suits, who is using them?

Yes, you have to trim the neck gasket. I also keep an appropriate sized jug inserted in the gasket to keep it slightly stretched. Also putting some 303 on them extends their life.

Mark

Gasket comes in different sizes, on kokatat anyway. and they are trimable but don't hope on them to stretch.... They don't really stretch at all.

It is so easy to overtrim.. Not being able to breathe is normal when trying on a new drysuit.. Be Very Careful.. It does sometimes pay to stretch over a coffee can to see if that has any effect especially if you are close.

Is the ice out in the Debsconeag area? It went out yesterday here at home in Southern Maine.

I will be buying one this fall to extend my paddling season. I really like the Ocean Rodeo dry suits which have a unique zipper entry system that allows the suit to be worn in a stand-by mode when you are on shore. Also, even though it is a one piece dry suit, it looks like separate rain gear jacket and pants so you don’t look like a refugee from a Star Trek convention.

Just purchased the Ocean Rodeo Soul dry suit in Royal / Gray. I can not believe the price. I picked it up for $286 when normally priced at $900 on Amazon. I guess being 6'2", 245lbs has its benefits because the price only applied to the very suit that I needed. If any others on this forum are looking for a dry suit I believe there is one remaining suit similar in price $311 and it is bright orange. I will have it on Friday so looking forward to seeing how this works out. I emailed the manufacturer and their sizing chart that I used to confirm my purchase was validated by their representative.

This suit features a relief zip (pee zipper) which is nice and it also looks like a nice pant / coat combination. Once again I appreciate all of the input I received. I have since been hard at researching and discovering what is best based on all of your information.

try this link if any one similar in size wishes to buy this suit for a great deal. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0133AWNPI/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1&psc=1

Attachments

• photo11430.jpg
    photo11430.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 0
Just purchased the Ocean Rodeo Soul dry suit in Royal / Gray. I can not believe the price. I picked it up for $286 when normally priced at $900 on Amazon. I guess being 6'2", 245lbs has its benefits because the price only applied to the very suit that I needed. If any others on this forum are looking for a dry suit I believe there is one remaining suit similar in price $311 and it is bright orange. I will have it on Friday so looking forward to seeing how this works out. I emailed the manufacturer and their sizing chart that I used to confirm my purchase was validated by their representative.

This suit features a relief zip (pee zipper) which is nice and it also looks like a nice pant / coat combination. Once again I appreciate all of the input I received. I have since been hard at researching and discovering what is best based on all of your information.

try this link if any one similar in size wishes to buy this suit for a great deal. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0133AWNPI/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1&psc=1

That suit in that link doens't show feet, hope yours have feet, cause a dry suit w/o feet is not really that great unless you like having cold feet!!

Back