• Happy Marine Mammal Rescue Day! 🐳🐬🦭🦦

DLLT in Maine looking for volunteers

Reaction score
Don‘t know if this is the right place but thought I’d share:

Trail and Campsite Stewardship Program
Do you enjoy paddling and exploring in nature? Are you interested in helping keep the trails and campsites in great condition? Join our Trail and Campsite Stewardship Program. This program is about keeping our area beautiful. Each steward adopts a site, which could be a hiking trail or a water access campsite. We ask that you visit that site once each month for July, August, and September. During your visit, we ask that you check the kiosk to make sure it has pencils, visitor's guides, and other supplies. We ask that you pick up light trash and make sure that the trail is marked well. If you find any damage to benches or signs you can just let us know and we will send someone out to fix it. After each visit, we ask you to send a report back to us about any problems you may have found or that the trail was in great shape. If you would like more information or to adopt a trail or campsite, please call the office at 207-796-2100
Forest and Lakes-For People-Forever®

Last edited:
Hope they can get some volunteers for the program. If I lived in Maine I'd definitely sign up. Instead, I do something similar only as a shelter caretaker in the Catskills of NYS. Our state has an "Adopt A Lean-to" program for both the Catskills and Adirondacks. I oversee the Region 4 caretakers in conjunction with the Dept. of Environmental Conservation. Great way to get outside with a purpose; other than just relaxing and enjoying nature.

That's all for now. Take care and until next time...be well.

snapper

Back