• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Crow River Loop(ish)

Reaction score
Over Labour Day I did a four night almost-loop out of Lake Opeongo in Algonquin Park. It was a great trip. The route took us to a few lakes I'd never been through before, including Lake Lavielle and Dickson Lake. I really liked them both. Dickson in particular was really satisfying. I've been wanting to go there for years and I'm glad it lived up to my expectations (helps that we had the nicest sunset I've seen in years while were there). We did the Bonfield-Dickson portage coming back, the longest official portage in Algonquin, and I actually really enjoyed that one as well. Apart from the distance, it's a pretty nice carry. It helps that we were switching the canoe off as we went. 2.5 KM of carrying with breaks > 5 KM uninterrupted.

Anyways, the report is here if you're looking for some weekend reading:

Drew

I've been following your Algonquin Park trips for some time now, and as usual, this one didn't disappoint! I've only paddled there twice, many years ago. I look forward to making a trip to the northwest part of the park next season and your trip reports help to maintain the enthusiasm. Thanks for posting.

Ideal plan… Kiosk - Mink - Mouse - Erables -Maple- Three Mile -Biggar - North Tea -Lorne - Kakasamic - Fassett - Manitou -Kiosk. I haven’t checked the mileage yet but thats my optimistic route.

Back