• Happy Midnight Ride of Paul Revere (1775)! ⛪🕯️🕛🏇🏼

Check your spam folders for ctrippingnet@gmail.com emails from this site

Glenn MacGrady

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Whenever you post a private conversation and at some other times, you get an email notice of it from ctrippingnet@gmail.com, which is a new email account I set up as the site's official email address from and to me. I notice that these emails from ctrippingnet@gmail.com were going into the spam folder of my personal email. I suspect that this may be happening to other members. I had to tell gmail to undo spam for ctrippingnet@gmail.com.

You can turn email notices on or off for various things in the Preferences and Privacy sections of your account. To access your account, click on your avatar in the navigation bar on the upper right under the site logo.

Good morning, Glenn

I had two private message emails go into the spam folder in Firefox. I replied to one of them directly in hopes that it would keep Firefox (or Norton?) from tossing them overboard in the future. I'll send a message to the original communicant asking for a reply to see what happens.

Lance

The incoming private message alert went into the spam folder again......

I get the same thing. I had to go through a process to tell my email server not to treat ctrippingnet@gmail.com as spam. The email servers may think the email address is spam because the address is brand new, the site is brand new (after migration), and it's all of a sudden sending out lots of emails.

For private conversations, however, you should also get an alert under the private conversation icon (the letter) and also under the alert icon (the bell), if you have alerts set up that way in your account preferences.

Glenn, the first three messages went into the spam folder. Each time I selected "Not Spam" and it finally seems to have taken as I just got a fourth message and it went to the inbox.

Lance

Back