• Happy National Garlic Day! 🧄🚫🧛🏼‍♂️

Che-Mun (RIP)

Reaction score
Sadly, the Journal of Canadian Wilderness Paddling - (Che-Mun) has published its final outfit. For those of you who spend time paddling in the far north of Canada this wonderful journal has been an excellent source of information and stories about the adventures of fellow paddlers. It was a labor of love for Michael Peake for 30 years and others before him. We paddlers owe him a huge debt of gratitude for the countless hours he devoted to the publication all those years. RIP Che-Mun.

Last edited:
I have quite a few old issues, I always enjoyed reading of the trips folks took up to the far north. When I realized I would never have the time or money to spend on an arctic trip I stopped getting Che-Mun.
Sorry to see it go.

Ahh yes. Time and money. Those are the issues for these trips. Also age. Most of the folks that are heavily involved are teachers. They have the time for a summer long trip. Money is still an issue for most of them but they find a way. When you have the time there are ways to cut the expenses. If all you have is two or three weeks, you have to pay through the nose. But, even if you could not make a trip up north for whatever reason, Che-Mun was a way to live vicariously. I will miss it a great deal.

Back