• Happy "Killer Rabbit" Attacks President Carter in His Paddle Boat (1979)! 🚣🏼‍♂️🐇

CanoeTripping Ediquitte

Reaction score
As we all know a post created kind of a fire storm of opinions. The poster came back with a response that was not only positive but as one person said, "Sometimes the most difficult thing to write is a mea culpa". It takes a personal kind of courage to talk about a snafu especially on a public board. What I found amazing was the responses to TTA's post. This is why this board is such a special place and sets us all apart from all the other boards out there. In a chaotic world we all have a safe place to share our experiences, our talents and skills in the canoeing world. A kumbaya moment so to speak.

So tonight I will tip a can of liquid courage to all of you who frequent here (I will not mention the brand of adult beverage) in how we went from one point to a much better point. I have stated this before and will say it again, this is OUR board. Our contributions in many forms keep us going with a library of information that I think rivals any other board out there now. So, I applaud everyone for their positive responses and thank you for all you all do to keep CanoeTripping to the ideal that Robin set up for us all.

dougd

Thanks for your post, Doug. I came across this website accidentally last summer. I was doing a Google search for the Thelon River, and a hit came up for "Larry" on canoetripping.net. Larry was asking about fly-in costs, and I was very struck with the outpouring of thoughtful help that was offered. Very much like supportive family members, even to a stranger. I searched around the site, and was convinced that I should join. Keep in mind, that this is the very first "social" group I have ever joined. I am glad to have done so.

Sweetfancymoses:

i understand and that a Hoosier is a resident of Indiana. But why? Where did this come from? What the heck is a Hoosier?

I've decided I'm only going to reply to posts with memes from now on.

1xiY30k.jpg

Doug - Thanks for all you do to keep us going as well. It's greatly appreciated.

As for what is a Hoosier (as asked by Paddling Pitt)...all I know is we have one and it's an old kitchen cupboard. Ours is made of oak and has a place for flour (the bin holds 25 pounds!) and other baking items. There's a large cabinet below for all our baking pans, sheets, pie dishes, etc. and substantial storage above. There is even an enamel counter that pulls out for kneading your dough
or prepping your baked goods. Again, not sure where the name came from but these were very popular in rural farmhouses in the 19th to early 20 centuries; and even today in kitchens of people who still follow the "old" ways when we can.

That's all for now. Take care and until next time....be well.

snapper

Back