• Happy National Blueberry Pie Day! 🫐🥧

Canoe at the Fair

Reaction score
Bill Horton is stacking up the Blue ribbons with this canoe and paddles, at the Fairs. It's in Spencer Iowa now, at the Clay County Fair.
This is Bills first time at building a canoe. I went over to aid him while glassing. Without a doubt the best built canoe I've seen to date !
The Design is a North West Canoe design, downloaded free from Dennis Davidson.
Stapleless, double glassed bottom.
Beautiful !
photo_57.png
IMG_0433_zps6q4wn7zk.jpg

I have a better pic in an email, but can't get it on this site. Sorry
Jim

Last edited:
That's pretty neat it's getting some recognition.

For those not from Iowa the Clay County fair is a pretty big deal. Not big enough to rival the state fair but it dwarfs any other county fairs drawing, I believe, about 50,000 people per day and usually gets some big names for entertainment. It's the final fair of the season and my grandfather always referred to it as the selling fair. It's late enough in the season the farmers have a pretty good idea what their crop will be and they've spent all summer looking at equipment. When the Clay county fair rolls around it's time to buy.

Alan

Hi Alan

Go to the Fair ! It will either help you get back into the daily hassle with people again, or send you right back to the Wild !

Here's that pic I was trying to round up, I hope !
20150729_151846%201_zpsrayze7fw.jpg

Jim

Bill was a Master wood worker before taking on this canoe. It Showed !
Many passerbys said it was TOO beautiful to put in the water! I agree, except Bill added an extra cloth layer to the outside, and has padded it !

Jim

Back