• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Campout in CT Dec 2-4 2016

Nice pic YC.
Fun times. Great people. Life is good

I will send some pics tomorrow to Robin to post.
Big thanks to Robin for hosting.
Next time I promise to stay up longer. Sorry I missed the venison and squirrel.

No Title

Great to meet some of the good folks from this forum who share a passion for canoeing, camping and nature. and thanks to Robin for being a great host. Beautiful property n forest behind and very cool to see the canoes. Coldfeet, The taco meat was venison, you mighta had some of that . . I took someones small red bag on accident as I have the same one..pm me address and ill mail it right back.

Attachments

• photo5642.jpg
    photo5642.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 0
  • photo5643.jpg
    photo5643.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Sorry for this late report, I had a hard time figuring out how to download Coldfeet's pictures. I misplaced not only my camera, but my back up camera so no pics from me.
My wife had to leave for Maine at the last minute so I was unable to sleep in my hot tent, my 7 month old lab/wood stove needed my attention.

Some of the tents, bcelects big tent on the left, Coldfeet's tents on the right,

Coldfeet's (David) Hillary tent in action, very warm inside with the stove going.

[/

bcelect (Bruce) on the left, Robin center and my wall tent on the right

[URL=http://s1204.photobucket.com/user/Beavertail100/media/cold%20camp%20norfolk/Bruce%20and%20Robin_zps44kqtt6r.jpg.html]

bcelect (Bruce) setting up his brand new stove (4 Dogs iirc) for the initial burn.

Hiking back into the woods looking for an old plane crash site, which I couldn't find.:(

Mike checking out "Big Mama" a huge pine behind my house.

Greenfrog (young David) on the left and bcelect (Bruce) looking at big mama,

Good eats after the hike in bcelect's hot tent ummmm good eats!

Greenfrog showing us how to start a fire by rubbing two sticks together. A fine display of knifesmanship and woodcraft knowledge, very impressive.

Cooking on bcelect's (left) and Coldfeets stoves Sunday morning around the campfire

It was a good time with nice folks all.

Good idea pairing up a couple hotstoves out in the open for a lounge by the fire kinda thing. Real nice. The game meat would've been interesting to sample. Sounds like a great contribution to the party. A fresh fall of snow might've added some "atmosphere" to the weekend, but ya can't eat atmosphere. I was looking forward to seeing the selection of tents, and you didn't disappoint, thanks everyone.

Back