• Happy National Garlic Day! 🧄🚫🧛🏼‍♂️

Bunny hunting, snow shoeing and bang sticks

Ha, great stories Boreal! Where I live, we don't have grizzlies, but we do have a ton of black bears. They still have a healthy attitude toward humans, and the majority of ones that I see in the bush only present me with a view of their arses, churning like two pigs fighting under a blanket in their haste to run away from me. I'll have to remember that whistle thing though, I'm a habitual whistler, wouldn't want Mary Had A Little Lamb to be the last thing I ever whistled.

I've seen videos of those Finnish grouse, and they got me pretty excited. I'm mostly just a bird hunter, got around 50 ruffies this year, boy, 50 of those bad boys would feed a village! I'm going to have a look at that Valmet on the interweb now and check it out, sounds like a very interesting gun.

I have a friend from Czech Rep. he uses a Brno combo rifle for everything, It is 308/12. beautiful rifle, it brakes down to 2 part and can be carried in a pack easily. I like these guns a lot, I always waned to get one. I like how slim they fit in the hand and how easy there are to cary! But for now I will be content with my Ruger #1 international, and my 10/22....

my grandfather had a cut down SMLE, so i picked up a sporterized #5 when i was 18 -- seemed pretty good at hitting things and was handy enough in the woods, but i stopped carrying guns years ago...and only encountered four bears last summer...

Back