• Happy Marine Mammal Rescue Day! 🐳🐬🦭🦦

Blackhawk Solo for sale - Rochester NY Craigs List

Reaction score
1994 Blackhawk Zephyr solo canoe, fiberglass (Sport Silver), 40 pounds, 14.2 inches long by 27.5 inches wide, nice condition, never patched. Set up with 2.5 inch seat drops and a Wenonah foot bar to paddle pack-boat style, or the original cane seat with kneeling drops. Local cash sale, no holds.

1690197811774.png

Hi Keeled Over, is this your boat? If so, I sent you an email about it via the Craigslist link..

Yes.............. for sale yet again. Can't seem to find an experienced paddler to buy her, so dropped the seat as low as I had bolts for and drilled the hull (much to some folks' chagrin) for a Wenonah foot bar hoping to find a novice with ambition. I would not have reposted it here again, feel free to delete this thread admin.

That makes sense. I would consider myself a "novice paddler with ambition" - I couldn't quite pull the trigger on a dedicated kneeler, so this hits a sweet spot for me.

I did make serious offers to purchase and have it picked up in early august. I was sad to see the holes for the foot bar, I’ll admit.

I hope it finds a nice home. Good luck for a quick sale.

I did make serious offers to purchase and have it picked up in early august. I was sad to see the holes for the foot bar, I’ll admit.

I hope it finds a nice home. Good luck for a quick sale.
Well Dan, I never heard back from you after responding to your inquiry and making the video of the hull back in early June, so I must have missed your offer. I apologize. And I do appreciate the kind words on the North American Canoe Traders FB Group to help me find her a new home.
Untitled.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry this didn’t work out, sincerely.

if you or a moderator would consider removing or cropping my phone number from the post above, I would be grateful.

Thanks, and again, best wishes.

Sorry this didn’t work out, sincerely.

if you or a moderator would consider removing or cropping my phone number from the post above, I would be grateful.

Thanks, and again, best wishes.
Done, and I would be grateful if you would remove your comments on the NACT Facebook Group post.

Of course, done, thank you.

Matt, I apologize for my unhelpful comments and sh*tty attitude here and there. It’s not my style and I regret.

You have a great boat at a steal of a price. Someone will be lucky.

What a refreshing exchange that was - props to both of you.

There are a couple people ahead of me in line, but I'm really hoping to take this canoe home.

Sold this morning to a young lady with ambition and an appreciation for all things vintage. Got a lot of lookers this time, and I don't know how many 'Is it available' that I never heard back from.
Sales.jpg

I missed this unusual dialogue because I just logged on today. I see no reason to edit anything at this point. I appreciate the civilized conversation and am happy that the canoe has found a new home.

I am the delighted new owner!
Zephyr, welcome to site membership! Feel free to ask any questions and to post messages, photos and videos in our many forums. Please read Welcome to CanoeTripping and Site Rules! We look forward to your participation in our canoe community.

Let us know how your canoe career progresses, and everyone always likes seeing canoe pictures.

Well, well, we get a happy seller, a happy buyer, polite apologies, and a new member. A good day!

I am the delighted new owner! I had her out for a couple of hours this evening on the Oswego river and had a wonderful time. I'll pick up some Turtle wax and Tung oil tomorrow. Thanks Mat, for all of your help.
It was nice to meet you and your husband. I'm so glad the boat went to someone who will appreciate it for the beautiful lines and unique handling characteristics. The reviews never really capture the personality of the Zephyr. Members here may be delighted to know that you are a kayaker who has decided to explore the realm of solo canoeing! Welcome and happy paddling!

Thanks for the welcome! I had my Zephyr out again last night with a group of paddlers up near Pulaski, NY. We had a lovely paddle out of Pine Grove which gives both Salmon river access and Lake Ontario access. It’s a beautiful spot with lighthouses, sailboats, loads of wildlife and choice of paddle. After reading the thread about how to learn paddling, I think that I will invest in some instruction. But, I did use my kayak paddle last night and found that a 220 length was fine with this boat. I like having the option of using that while I develop my skills with canoe paddling.

Attachments

• IMG_1114.jpeg
    IMG_1114.jpeg
    132 KB · Views: 17
Back