• Happy Birthday, Gary Cooper (1901-61)! 📽️☝🏻🕛

Best steel skid plates, ever

Reaction score
I've seen a lot of interesting fixes on canoes, but this is the first time I ever saw steel skid plates. They look pretty tough. I would have overlapped the three plates in the opposite direction, but maybe steel is hard to feather. The hole between middle and rightmost plate seemed to be filled with some kind of clear matterial.

MR-to-SR - 1.jpg

Perhaps I just have a limited imagination, but on my boats, I go for layering s-glass.

I've seen a lot of interesting fixes on canoes, but this is the first time I ever saw steel skid plates. They look pretty tough. I would have overlapped the three plates in the opposite direction, but maybe steel is hard to feather. The hole between middle and rightmost plate seemed to be filled with some kind of clear matterial.

Looks prehistoric, or like the dorsal ridges on an alligator snapper. That is quite the fixer upper canoe Chip, did you make an offer? It could be your next Chipewyan (chortle).

Perhaps I just have a limited imagination, but on my boats, I go for layering s-glass.

Dynel, graphite powder, peel ply for me.

Back