• Happy National Paranormal Day! 🔮👻👽

At least the rain has slowed down

Reaction score
We were forecasted to get 5 out of 7 days without precipitation for the first time in 2019 (!) but we may get thunderstorms tomorrow. The local news said the farmers would normally have 92% of corn planted but Indiana is at 33% and Michigan is 42%. We normally get awesome sweet corn around here that I can pick up on my way to a local lake. On the bright side the dog was allowed to sit up in the canoe for the first time in a while because the intensity of the eddy currents in the St Joseph river has subsided a little bit so we aren't getting pushed around from all directions all the time.
image.jpegimage.jpeg ​​​​​​​

Rain rain go away, come again another day. Like November maybe. The water levels are really up around here. A good friend tells me their dog is lovin' it fetchin' sticks thrown into the pond, and the water's never been so high, the surrounding field and forest never looked so lush and green. Around my own patch of suburban heaven (two words that generally don't fit well together in the same sentence) I'm seeing the results of all this rain, but there has been some sunshine too, otherwise the peas wouldn't be so high and scrambly, the small sea of strawberries so fully in bloom, and the cherries already setting with growing green promises of ruby fruits to come. So I guess if all this rain up our way and down your way Gumpus is a bad thing, it's good to see some good come from it, like watching my garden grow, washing away the winters grime, and thoroughly enjoying seeing your day paddles with Sparky. (I picked a name for her/him, hope you don't mind.)

Aaaand coming home from work hours later it was raining cats and dogs.

Last edited:
Back