• Happy National Audubon Day! 🐣🐦🦅🕊️

Anyone ever use a Titanium Goat tent/Stove setup?

Reaction score
Hello to all! So i'm in the market for a tent/stove combo and I stumbled across this. http://www.titaniumgoat.com/products.html

Anyone ever use one? Extremely lightweight compared to other hot tents. Though i'm kind of concerned about the material. The Canvas tents are tried and true but i'm not sure about this synthetic material. Stoves look interesting too. Full titanium and compactable. Cheaper than say a Snowtrekker tent. Any opinions?

No Title

I have never used that brand but I own a Kifaru tent and stove that is very similar. The thing I like about the Goat tent is that the zipper goes all the way to the top allowing a wider opening to enjoy the view while still enjoying the heat from the stove. Thier stove is lighter and seems quicker to set up than the Kifaru. The thing that concerns me about this style tent is the number of stakes needed and the possability of not being able to drive them into frozen ground. I didn't see that they offered a spark arrester and I would recomend one. These tents will keep you warm and comfortable for little weight and thier prices seem good also.

Attachments

• photo3566.jpg
    photo3566.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 0
Lowangle al, they sell the spark arrestor for $10 under the pipe parts category which is good. I might buy the vertex 6.5 once I get my tax returns

jerfo - Like lowangle al, I don't have this set-up but do have a Seek Outside 8 man tipi with their titanium stove. The set up is fairly straightforward after you understand their suggestions for set-back when pitching the shelter. I haven't had mine long but so far it's been a pretty impressive set-up. Since the stove sits in the middle of the tent and the stove pipe exits through an approved vent, I don't see any problems with the material getting too hot. Of course I'm sure there is some way that you can screw up and create problems for yourself (anyone can) but if you follow their instructions for pitching the shelter and setting up the stove, I think you'll really enjoy it.

That's all for now. Take care and until next time...be well.

snapper

Back