• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Any new "Toys" for Christmas?

I did get a few things... more like family stuff! We didn’t get a moose this year so we need to go look for bisons and for that one kind of need a skidoo so we bought an 08 Scandic WT 550f..... then I got my self a new rifle, a Ruger no1 in 9.3x62.... then I got on the way a reloading kit and some components!! Then I made the set of ramps to get the skidoo in the truck and then a sleight/boggan to carry gear and hopefully meat!!
we don’t really buy each other gift much anymore, we buy what we need when we need it and say merry Christmas ?

[No message]

Attachments

• photo18170.jpg
    photo18170.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 0
  • photo18171.jpg
    photo18171.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 0
  • photo18172.jpg
    photo18172.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 0
  • photo18173.jpg
    photo18173.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 0
  • photo18174.jpg
    photo18174.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 0
  • photo18175.jpg
    photo18175.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 0
  • photo18177.jpg
    photo18177.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 0
Well I did try again and dang it, I follow what people said and when I click on the picture(and I’m sure when you will do it ) it is only a black screen........

My wife bought my a very nice dry bag, and my buddy bought me a self inflating sleeping bag pad. Both are strong signals that I will be going canoeing and camping again!

Best gift of 2020 was our first grandson being born! No possible way to top that one off!

My Mother was always the recipient of our gifts to her that were what we thought “perfect”. Clunky trinkets or kitchen tools or something she really didn’t need. She always made sure that the gift was not only displayed nicely, but used while in our presence. And she would usually comment on how handy or beautiful the item was. A lesson that I always try to remember with the gifts my kids give to me.

After many years of "You don't need it, you always come back," my wife gave in, took advantage of a $100 off sale and got me the Garmin InReach Mini. At 67 years old and doing all solo backpacking and canoe camping trips in the Adirondacks, I am very happy to have it.

I got this, unfortunately the roof rack doesn't work with my boats.

Presuming the “doesn’t work” is a matter of the camper cap overhang, extending over the crew cab, means that that the bow of racked canoes makes contact with the camper cap roof, I’d sure be tempted to retro-fit some rack solution.

When I contemplated a cap for the extra-cab Taco I knew going in that a cab-height cap would not work, the bow would be resting on the cab roof unless cantilevered far forward, and stuck a pair of sawhorses in the open bed to calculate the cab roof clearance minimum I would need. This one was too low, and this one was too high. . . .and this one was just right (mid-rise cap).

DIY’ed taller crossbars augmentations, a third higher crossbar at the very front, loading the canoes from the hood end, something.

That looks like a really nice travelling truck camper, I’m a bit envious. heck, push come to shove I’d find a canoe with an absolutely flat, no-stem-rise sheerline if I had that rig.

Nothing for me...not even a bag of coal!

You poor, forlorn, forgotten, pitiful thing.

Well, not forgotten at least; you should be getting a package in the mail any day now. With great foresight I wrapped the box first in Christmas paper, then in brown paper.

Some clamps, some clips, some carbon paper to recreate the Colander Bunny logo, a stubby piece of sanding belt eraser (I got a new one for Christmas).

The real gift is that I did not include the usual disgusting Faux Company/contents label on the outside of the package. I had some ideas, “Twelve Inch Stud-ios Orificeal Apprentice Fluffer Kit”, but that seemed un-Christmas like.

Maybe next time.

I won a hand made canvas vest and canvas/deer skin mitts on Instagram, I think it was rigged. Not sure but I think my traditional ways, i.e. wood canvas canoes, ash beavertail paddles, canvas wall tents, wood stoves, wanigans are more well received over there (almost 900 followers) and the maker of said vest/mitts thought it was a good business decision for me to be wearing his vest as I paddle off into the sunset in a new wood canvas canoe...haha, I'll take it.

Back