• Happy Midnight Ride of Paul Revere (1775)! ⛪🕯️🕛🏇🏼

An axe for Sophie!

Reaction score
A few years ago, while driving a dirt road to get to the put in of out Family river trip on the Big Salmon River, we were following a grader on the road and I saw something in the dirt that the grader had broth up... It was an old axe, I stoped and retrieve the thing, it looked nice so I trowed it in the truck and off we went again... When we got back I saw that I could get the head off the handle w/o destroying the handle so I did just that... And today I started to clean it and sharpen it put the head back on the handle and drove a new wedge in place. decorated it a bit so she can adopte it more easily, you know how it goes... Made a new sheet and there she is in all its glory, a nice little TrueTemper Flint Edge axe!!

The colour came out a bit darker than I wanted but I think she will like it none the less!!

Attachments

• photo8433.jpg
    photo8433.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 1
  • photo8434.jpg
    photo8434.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 1
  • photo8435.jpg
    photo8435.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 1
  • photo8436.jpg
    photo8436.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 1
The price was right. Nice job. Do you have more canoes or axes?

Hmmm.... I think some one axe me that the other day and I came up to 11 axes... And I have only 6 canoes and really only 3 that are really mine but the as a family we own 6 canoes!!

Nice work on the ax and sheath !
I go to a few Farm Auctions. It's fun to buy an old ax or hatchet, take it home and sharpen it ! Something about sharpening knives and axes, that's satisfying ! Guessing I have around 8. Nothing of collector value, but they are all sharp ! They store easier than canoes !
Oh, I have way more canoes than axes !!

Jim

In the process of moving into my mother-in-law's house, and have been cleaning out the garage. So far a sledge hammer, two mauls, and two wedges. All in rough shape, but sweet nonetheless. But best of all has been a 1 3/4 lb boys axe. Still needs a better cleaning and sharpening, but I put a new 28" handle on and it works great for splitting kindling.

Sweet axe, she is a lucky girl. A 1.5lb would be nice for an old lady like me. My Granfors is decorating my living room and I use my Hultafors as my weapon of choice around the house and for trips.

Back