• Happy International Mermaid Day! 🧜🏼‍♀️

Algonquin Park solo video (campfire tent in the rain mishap)

Thanks. Very nice. I think I would be reluctant to climb over beaver dams with bare feet.

I first found that tent James C uses on a UK YT channel. Been thinking about ordering one ever since. I think the water issue James had was due to the tent not being taut enough. Happens all the time, and to me too. This summer I had a tarp set up to give us a nice dry awning in front of our tent. Some time during the night a big storm came through and maladjusted my ropes such that the tarp sagged, resulting in a kiddie pool above the tent. It then trickle emptied thru a brand new tear in the tarp right into our "dry awning area". Woke up, stepped out, and had to splish splash to drier ground.
I'd like to see that Tigris tent in action again.

Ha! From the title I was expecting him to light that stick stove inside the tent, but I see now the tent is called the campfire. It turned out much better this way.

Mark

Don't know why they have the floor sewn in. Much better to have a separate bathtub floor to avoid the consequences of leakage.
Onetigris stuff is available on Amazon. I have my reservations about the quality. Search also for luxe and Pomoly tents, they also have similar designs in the same price range.

James Cary shares a solo trip to Algonquin Park, see how his campfire tent performs in a storm.
Thanks Robin for posting my video, your videos always inspired me to make more canoe trip vids.

Thanks. Very nice. I think I would be reluctant to climb over beaver dams with bare feet.
Thanks for watching. I know I was taking a chance on the bare feet but luckily the beaver cleaned his branches well. I have water shoes for my kayak, so next tine I will be sure to take them, in case of dams.

I first found that tent James C uses on a UK YT channel. Been thinking about ordering one ever since. I think the water issue James had was due to the tent not being taut enough. Happens all the time, and to me too. This summer I had a tarp set up to give us a nice dry awning in front of our tent. Some time during the night a big storm came through and maladjusted my ropes such that the tarp sagged, resulting in a kiddie pool above the tent. It then trickle emptied thru a brand new tear in the tarp right into our "dry awning area". Woke up, stepped out, and had to splish splash to drier ground.
I'd like to see that Tigris tent in action again.
I thought I had the tent set up tight enough but the wind was very strong, so not sure f I could have avoided the puddle this time. I love the tent, but still getting used to it ( this was the first time in the rain with it). Thanks for watching.

Ha! From the title I was expecting him to light that stick stove inside the tent, but I see now the tent is called the campfire. It turned out much better this way.

Mark
Ha! Maybe winter camping I could cut a hole in the bottom for a fire and to let the water out😂
Don't know why they have the floor sewn in. Much better to have a separate bathtub floor to avoid the consequences of leakage.
Onetigris stuff is available on Amazon. I have my reservations about the quality. Search also for luxe and Pomoly tents, they also have similar designs in the same price range.
so far I’ve found the tent quality, in my opinion, is very good. Good point with the ground sheet, but I prefer the sewn in ground sheet to keep all of the creepy crawlies out. The tent itself did not leak, it was the circumstances and setup, which I am still tweeking. Thanks for watching and commenting.

Ha! Maybe winter camping I could cut a hole in the bottom for a fire and to let the water out😂

so far I’ve found the tent quality, in my opinion, is very good. Good point with the ground sheet, but I prefer the sewn in ground sheet to keep all of the creepy crawlies out. The tent itself did not leak, it was the circumstances and setup, which I am still tweeking. Thanks for watching and commenting.
I like a separate inner for bug protection or not dependent upon the season. Another option is to separate the flor from the outer by a strip of mesh.
Good to hear the tent is working for you.
I've seen a few of these pitched with the front flap too high so the rain can run back toward tent and into the open door.

Back