• Happy International Mermaid Day! 🧜🏼‍♀️

Algonquin canoe trip 1969

My first extended trip in Algonquin was in 1970 and we had a Grumman, some Duluth Packs and an Optimus one burner stove. We did have a nylon tent. Things must have changed a lot in that year 1969-1970!

Strangely enough Misty was on that first loop trip we did. I don't recall seeing anyone with an outboard motor. But it was a LOOONG time ago.

That was a great read for an Ice bound day here! The "Not being in the best of physical condition, we found that the act of lifting and placing a canoe on one's back required about the same energy as carrying it a quarter mile. So we learned that it was easier to have someone hold up one end of the canoe to get under than to lift it and walk off with it." would be the part best forgotten with the new gear but the purpose of the trip remains the same regardless of the years differences. Can't wait to get back on the water! Love the pictures!

That sure was a great read... Its Friday afternoon here and it has me all excited to get out for a paddle tomorrow..

Great post. Honestly it does not look all that different from the style of tripping I have done all my life. Looks like a great family summer trip.

Back