• Happy National Paranormal Day! 🔮👻👽

Alan's CF Bloodvein

Reaction score
Today I had a rare opportunity, to critique, and paddle another builders canoe.

To say the least I was totally impressed !
That Alan can design and build an AWESOME canoe!!
It hurts me to say that Boy has, in just a few tries done what I've been trying to do for years !
Alan's CF Bloodvein at 16'6", maneuvers much like shorter canoe. Stays dry in rough water, class ll.

I'm trying to convince him into putting this canoe into production.

It will knock the gunnels off any solo tripper, designed and built, to carry a man, his dog(Sadie) and gear for a month up and down the Bloodvein !

Alan came down and we put his, and one of my solos, the Kevlar Pearl, to the test on Lizard Creek.

The Liz gives me chills down my spine every time, but is rewarding to pull into the take out. Especially with a dry canoe. I've seen many canoe and kayak, pull over to dump the water before leaving that gem of a stream ! Me included !

At the take out, I had at least a gallon and a half of Liz to dump out of my canoe, mostly after the last half mile of rapids.
Alan had a few drops..
Part of the way down the nearly 4 hour paddle, we swapped canoes. WOW what a difference ! I was soo comfortable in Alan's CF Bloodvein, I hardly wanted to trade back !

I challenge anyone to paddle Alan's CF Bloodvein, and draw a different conclusion ...

Were I looking for a solo canoe for such a trip as The Bloodvein, I wouldn't be satisfied with anything less !

Enough said !

Jim

Thanks for the kind words, Jim. I'm glad to see someone else is pleased with the boat as well.

Having a boat empty of water at the end of the run was partly pure luck with how I hit the waves. Last time I was down there I was surprised to ship a decent amount of water over the side in that rapids by your shop. That wave kind of snuck over the side rather than being deflected.

Long summer of paddling ahead and then another big trip. I'll withhold my final review until October but so far I'm pleased. Had a great time with you on the Lizard, nice little river.

Alan

Yeah, my camera was tucked away in a dry bag, and the fun was fast and furious enough, well that's my excuse.
I know, not a good one.

Back