• Happy Incorporation of Hudson's Bay Co. (1670) 🍁🦫🪓

ADK ice out

Reaction score
I just spoke with the ranger at Little Tupper Lake and it's completely frozen over. I called the ranger for Lows Lake earlier but she had been under the weather the last few days and didn't have a report, but she mentioned that Cranberry Lake was beginning to open up.
I'm still on the fence about taking advantage of next week's warm weather forecast.

Looks like we're going to have early ice out in the BWCA this year. Have an April trip tentively on the docket.

This sure was a bad year for ice. Such a switch, usually my ice fishing trip up there is good to go in February, this year we were very careful, and nervous, and by the end of April I'm watching for ice out , but I'm not worried about ice for my spring trip in the beginning of May this year!

Thanks for the update Robin.

Jason

No Title

In spite of it being a crappy year for ice, it is hanging on. Lake George barely had ice and it's thin, but still floating around. Here's a shot from today of Schroon Lake from my brother's place. I wouldn't walk on it but it's not going anywhere soon.

Attachments

• photo6590.jpg
    photo6590.jpg
    472.3 KB · Views: 0
Leave out the D in ADK and you have AK. On Chena Lake near Fairbanks Alaska we took sixty grade school children ice fishing the last two days. The ice was 32 inches thick still, Drilling 60 holes so each child could fish isn't much fun, but we did it. Today it was snowing sideways, On the bright side the geese are back and the days are long and bright, gaining nearly 7 minutes of sunshine every day.

I just spoke with the ranger at Little Tupper Lake and it's completely frozen over. I called the ranger for Lows Lake earlier but she had been under the weather the last few days and didn't have a report, but she mentioned that Cranberry Lake was beginning to open up.
I'm still on the fence about taking advantage of next week's warm weather forecast.

I was hoping to take advantage of the weather too Robin. I've been watching this and it melting quick but not to the point that we can paddle.

http://mylonglake.com/httpmylonglak...contact-us-2contact-us-2/long-lake-ny-webcam/

Back