• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Adirondack Paddlefest is reportedly back

Reaction score
Mountainman Outdoor Supply Company in Old Forge posts this event is returning after 3 years. I really enjoyed it, getting to test paddle a lot of canoes. If you're shopping or just enjoy the paddling, you might enjoy this. I camped at Alger Island State Park 4 years ago. Not sure where I'll camp this year.

scroll do own a little:

I enjoyed the Mountainman Paddlefest event better when it was held in the small village of Inlet NY, where it began. Unfortunately, IMO, rumor has it that MM moved to Old Forge when the Inlet town mayor and the MM owner, John Nemjo got into a pissing match about some aspect of the event. I knew John and he seemed like a good guy to me. But when in Old Forge MM began charging an entry fee before you could walk through and talk to the vendors, and all sales go through a central sales area where MM takes a percentage cut. I know of some well regarded canoe vendors in the Adirondacks who I would llike to visit with, but they have refused to participate in the event since it left Inlet.

Iirc, in 2019 there was a flat $20 to test paddle, and it would be applied to any canoe purchase. Looking at canoes and all the vendors was no cost. Who knows what this year will bring.

Thinking camping on Alger and paddle to and from Old Forge. Can you get picked up for DUI paddling a canoe? :)

Iirc, in 2019 there was a flat $20 to test paddle, and it would be applied to any canoe purchase. Looking at canoes and all the vendors was no cost. Who knows what this year will bring.

Thinking camping on Alger and paddle to and from Old Forge. Can you get picked up for DUI paddling a canoe? :)
Yes, there has always been a fee to test paddle, but, at least for some years there was a fee to enter the grounds to visit with to the vendors. That is when I stopped attending.

Can you get picked up for DUI paddling a canoe?
Only if you fall out and can't swim.

Back