• Happy Scream Day! 😱

3.29.21 Edit: Storage usage issues resolved

Reaction score
We might run into a temporary problem. I received this from our service provider: "This is an alert that you have used 90% of the available storage on your Cloud account . . . You may [experience] service problems."

I have contacted IT about it.

In the meantime, it might be prudent to use smaller and/or less pictures in your new posts, in an abundance of caution. But, please, do not be inhibited. I appreciate all the great contributions lately, as the returning warmth is getting our collective blood stirring.

Many of my older posts about boat building no longer have photos due to the mess with photobucket so the threads could be deleted to free up space.

Karin

All suggestions are welcome. Initially, I want to see what IT and/or the provider might suggest.

Karin: My first thought is that deleting any post would be a very last resort. A substantial benefit of our site, as opposed to, say, facebook, is that our information is archived and fairly easily searched for accessed thereafter. I am sure that many old posts contain valuable information regardless of whether the photos are still there.

Well I gave up on posting pictures since when you click on the thumbnails they disappear(or something like that) it use to be so easy to post pictures and not not so easy so it ain’t gonna be my pictures that will flood the place lol!!

Canotrouge, have you tired posting a pic in a post in the last few weeks? We ran an update, and some users reported that the problem was resolved.

Many of my older posts about boat building no longer have photos due to the mess with photobucket so the threads could be deleted to free up space.

Karin

If the images were hosted by Photobucket they would not have any impact of the space used by canoetripping.net. The only pics that actually use space are those that are uploaded to the site as opposed to those that are just hotlinked to a third-party host.

If the images were hosted by Photobucket they would not have any impact of the space used by canoetripping.net. The only pics that actually use space are those that are uploaded to the site as opposed to those that are just hotlinked to a third-party host.

That's good news to me . Photobucket is much better now, than it has been in the past.
Those interested might check into it.

I successfully upgraded our account. The additional cost was less than I feared, and we should be able to easily handle it, barring other unforeseen issues arising.

Back