• Happy Scream Day! 😱

2017 Bog R/Low's L Video

Reaction score
Paddled the Bog River and Low's Lake for the 2nd year in a row. Camped at site 17. Made it south past site 39 then north into Grass Pond. We had great weather and headwinds. Hope you enjoy the video.

Sweeper - The water level was very low, especially between the two dams. I assume this had to do with the construction at the upper dam......Tony

Hi Dave,
The paddle from the put-in at the lower dam to the railroad bridge required frequent navigation to avoid shallow spots that would ground the canoe.
Taking out at the end of the return leg was a bit of awkward adventure.

Tony

Nice video. Interesting setup that you partner has there with the camera tripod. Is it taped in, weighted or just positioned there with no special adjustments?

bcelect - My canoe partner's tripod/dslr is secured to the canoe with shock cords that have a lock fitting at one end. He had a 16-35mm zoom lens mounted on
his full frame dslr. The wide angle lens minimizes any camera shake.
Tony

Very interesting. I hope we can see some of the pictures.. Some of us here on C.T. are going to Little Tupper in a few weeks. The foliage should be peak or near peak, I hope to get some great shots.

bcelect,
I'm not sure he follows this site, but I'll suggest that he post his video here once he's edited it. Certainly hope you're right about the foliage peaking that weekend as my wife and I will be at a friend's camp in the 'Dacks. I hope you have a good time on your trip.

Tony

Sweeper - The water level was very low, especially between the two dams. I assume this had to do with the construction at the upper dam......Tony

Were they still working on the lower dam?

How was the water in the floating bog above the upper dam?

Hi Sweeper,
No construction at the lower dam. At the floating bog above the upper dam, we had a very short drag on the first section and almost had to drag at the second section after the crossover. Our trip was Aug 25-27.

Tony

Back