• Happy Birthday, Meriwether Lewis (1774-1809)!

Your canoe trip plans, hopes, dreams for 2022

Reaction score
They are some of my very favorite day paddling areas, especially ones that are like flooded forests, where you can slalom around through the trees.

View attachment 129898

Looks like fun!! I attended an archery shoot in Calvary GA this past Saturday. I happened to have the Encounter strapped to the roof rack and thought real hard about taking a detour into the flood plain of the Ochlockonee River to paddle amongst the flooded trees, but there is no cell service there and that wasn’t part of the plan when I left my wife for the day. I thought better of it and just headed home.

Reaction score
Lower Madawaska warm up end of April.

Nettogami River repeat end of May.

And I’ve got some time off end of August, no plan yet.

A few shorter canoe trips here and there throughout the paddling season.

Reaction score
A post ice out pre bug in mid-May weekender. Wish us luck. 3 out of 5 foolhardy fellows have signed on. What could possibly go wrong?
September is calling. She is always her sirens song singing. I'll see if I listen this year. Always a splendid month to go tripping.

Reaction score
As I said on another thread I’m all in on a trip to the BWCA in September. Got our permits on Wednesday entry point #26 I think at Wood Lake. Any route suggestions? Just three of us, high school friends that hadn’t paddled together in 50 years. What could go wrong? All experienced outdoor people just haven’t done a trip since.
Jim
Side note, the number of allotted permits are down from last year and they are going fast if you are thinking of a trip.