• Happy National Garlic Day! 🧄🚫🧛🏼‍♂️

Waves from the Winter Wonderland

Reaction score
Hi all. Just me, poking my head into the site Robin just told me about. Never knew it existed before.

So Robin, where is the Wood/Canvas section you were talking about? :p

So umm, yea, I go wilderness tripping, route mapping, fishing and in my spare time, restore old wood/canvas canoes. Have done two last year and have one in the shop now with Robin bringing another this coming August, hopefully.

Waves and gets frostbite in the process

Karin

I loved the pics of your WC project on the other site we used to frequent before it bit the dust. Hope you'll share some more pics here in the future.

Good to see you checking in here. There are not many that we can ask about conditions in your neck of the woods.

Thanks Rippy. Since that first Huron last spring I found and rebuilt a 14 foot Chestnut, finished that too late to get into the water. At the moment I have a 16 foot pre-WW2 CCC in the works.

Marten. It is cold, bitter cold, and snowy, very snowy. It was been a typical winter here. Presently the windchill is -43c/f with a high today of -25c. We have plenty of snow to fill the lakes and rivers with, provided it doesn't melt before the ground thaws.

I was wondering about snow fall this year as I know the last few years have been dry and the lakes on the low side. It would be nice to see levels back to normal. Maybe a few less fires this year hopefully.

Back