• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Wabakimi 2020 - any plans?

Reaction score
Hey gang,

Just wanted to create a thread and ask if there are any trippers that would consider collaborating a co-solo canoe adventure this summer (July/August). Although I've never been to Wabakimi Provincial Park, I'm an experienced outdoorsman and enjoy exploring new areas while fishing and sharpening my woodcraft skills. Last year I completed a fly-in 21 day solo adventure in WCPP which was arguably one of my most epic adventures to date. I recorded most of it and am still editing and sorting through the vast videos and photographs that were taken during this period. In the meantime, I'm planning a summer adventure into Wabakimi but still ironing out the route. I'm fairly flexible in terms of which area and how to begin, and whether or not to use an outfitter - fly-in, train, or drive to Armstrong or Savant Lake and begin there.

Many options to consider, but planning is half the fun. If you have anything to add in terms of previous experience in Wabakimi or suggestions, I encourage you to do so. Thanks in advance!

I did a 16 day solo trip in wabakimi a few years ago. I started at Armstrong at little Caribou lake and did a big loop, up to whitewater, North and west wandering through large and small lakes then finally making my way back south through wabakimi lake and east back to Caribou to my start at little Caribou. If you're going for another 21 day trip there's hardly any need to be flown in or dropped off by train. He wild country starts right away. There's a fellow in Armstrong who you can leave your car with while you're out. He's the postmaster, very dependable. I'll send you his contact info if you think you are interested. Im travelling right now, so it may be a little while before i can find it. Let me know if you have any questions.

Mark

Hey Mark! Thanks for the information on your previous trip into WPP. Did you happen to bring along a fishing pole? And of so, any walleye (pickerel) spots that were more productive than others along the route? Also, I'll certainly take that contact info regarding parking. If you'd prefer to DM me here that's perfectly a-ok too.

Penns Woods - I'm chipping away at it in my spare time but will definitely post up a link when I finally have it available.

Back