• Happy International Mermaid Day! 🧜🏼‍♀️

Video: Queen Elizabeth II Wildlands Overview

Reaction score
During this long cold winter I've been working on a video that gives an overview of one of my favorite parks in Ontario...Queen Elizabeth II Wildlands Provincial Park. This is an Natural Environment class park situated in south-central Ontario and features great bass fishing, wildlife viewing, numerous canoe routes and a 65 km wilderness backpacking trail. If you are interested, here's the video:

Cheers Wayne

Is there a 10 day trip without a lot of portages?

If so, will we see a lot of people in the spring? Summer?

What a nice video, well done. 2:00-2:15 and 5:30-5:45 where beautiful, very informational.
Thanks for sharing your excellent work, I enjoyed it

Is there a 10 day trip without a lot of portages?

If so, will we see a lot of people in the spring? Summer?

This park is big, but it's not that big. Our trips to the Queen Elizabeth II Wildlands usually last 3 to 5 days. That being said, there's no reason you can't just take your time and spend mutiple nights at one lake before moving on to the next. Unfortunately all routes in the park require some portaging. Most are small (50 to 200 meters) but rough. There are some longer portages as well (up to 2km ). Basically, to get away from the crowds you need to portage. We rarely see other people in the interior of the park on the small lakes. Spring and Fall tend to be the quiet times. Summer can get quite busy, once the Bass season opens at the end of June, as there are several fly-in fishing camps operating within the park. For more information and a look at a detailed map - In Fact - the only map currently available for this park, please check out our web site www.explorethebackcountry.com
cheers Wayne

Back