• Happy Birthday, Gary Cooper (1901-61)! 📽️☝🏻🕛

Video: Keewaydin Traditional Travelling by Cedar Canvas Canoe in Wabakimi

Sweet. I usually catch these when they show up on the Keewaydin facebook page. This one's not there yet.

Great program at Keewaydin. They really know how to do it right. I just wish they would get on their knees a little more! But, they are kids having a blast in a safe environment and learning stuff that will stay with them all their lives.

Last edited:
Enjoyed immensely !
Thanks for the share.
Every young man, or woman, should have such an adventure !!!

Jim

Great program at Keewaydin. They really know how to do it right. I just wish they would get on their knees a little more! But, they are kids having a blast in a safe environment and learning stuff that will stay with them all their lives.

Yup, on there knees... I still don't get why wile running rapids, they are sitting... On there knees, 5 points of contact, so much more stable and control!!

My paddling partner on the Wind trip had never seen moving water. I don't think his 71 year old knees liked it much, but even he remarked how much more stable and in control he felt when I ordered him to his knees. I'm so used to it I often forget and stay that way even after we get through a set of rapids. It feels very comfortable and natural.

Me too enjoyed that. How do they get to use the music without a copyright issue?
Youtube has on record what the artist have instructed them to do if their copyrighted material is detected on a video. If you use music do not monetize the video and you will sometimes see that information on how to purchase the music is added to the video info. Ads will be shown and the artists gets some of the revenue. The artists can have the music muted or the video removed. You may get one of the three slaps on the wrist you are allowed in a specified time period. Very hard to figure all this out and probably not written out anywhere.

Great program at Keewaydin. They really know how to do it right.
learning stuff that will stay with them all their lives.

I just mentioned this in another thread, but a surprising number of people in the canoe industry share a background as Keewaydin youth.

They are doing something right, and to lifelong effect.

Back