• Happy Peace Officers Memorial Day! 👮🏽‍♂️👮‍♀️

Trailer storage for a week in Whitehorse YT

Reaction score
We are planning to go cross country to Alaska and do part of the Yukon RIver we missed enroute. We are dragging a nineteen foot long wheeled box.
We'd like to do Whitehorse to Carmacks this time.. Some dumbkoph missed the steamer at Hootalinqua by paddling around the island on the incorrect shore.. ( me) and we came down the Teslin. I'd like to do Lake Laberge
So we have sketched out a plan.. Ditch the trailer and truck in Whitehorse. Paddle down the river. On arrival in Carmacks, one stays with gear and the other goes back to Whitehorse via Husky Bus to get truck and trailer and return to Carmacks to pick up canoe and gear and continue on to Dawson Circle...etc.

I have not checked that Huskybus is still running.

And any suggestions for stashing a truck and a small trailer? Last time our truck was at Walmart for 14 days and was fine. Not sure an unused trailer would not attract unwanted attention.

You might try Scott at KanoePeople.com, right on the river bank in Whitehorse. he's helped us before when we were preparing for the YRQ and the Y1K. Be careful on the big lake, during two separate times paddling on Laberge, we had no less than 3 major changes of weather ( 2 of the changes were not so good) in our 7 hours of passage down the lake. One other time the entire lake was like glass (and very hot).

Last edited:
You might try Scott at KanoePeople.com, right on the river bank in Whitehorse. he's helped us before when we were preparing for the YRQ and the Y1K. Be careful on the big lake, during two separate times paddling on Laberge, we had no less than 3 major changes of weather ( 2 of the changes were not so good) in our 7 hours of passage down the lake. one other time the entire lake was like glass (and very hot).
For sure we will map our bail out points and run like heck if needed. We have some experience on Lake Superior in solo boats. I have seen Laberge from Huskybus and that blue is tempting us. And I want to see 30 mile Canyon.

. And I want to see 30 mile Canyon.
It's a very fast section and fun with a few places that go even faster with rolling surface current. Much fun to navigate to stay in the fastest current best line. The confining high scree walls on either side are spectacular. You swear you could walk across the narrow neck of what is called the USA Bend.

Last edited:
When you have finalized dates, let me know, I know a lot of people up here and might be able to help!

Back