• Happy National Audubon Day! 🐣🐦🦅🕊️

Low Waters and High Spirits on Marshall L loop

Was Mem trying to kill us all? Hmm, it's still hard to tell.
Give a group trip a thought. It might give us another pair of eyes to keep on the guide. Between clearing ports and finding lost channels, ripping up standing deadwood into firewood and adding it to an already sizeable supply, he may in fact have been spoiling us.

His safety gear for chain sawing didn't include a hockey mask did it?I suppose you Canadians wouldn't have thought it strange for a guy to wear a hockey mask around the woods since it's your favorite sport, but us Americans would get a little nervous.

If you folks decide to put together a trip next year I will give it some very serious thought. We'll see what happens on the canoe tripping site this winter. If I don't learn how to behave I could be excommunicated by then.

What about it Mem, did you take your rusty Mora along

Ha ha, I think the rusty Mora might be accompanying Alan on his mega-scursion! I sent it to him as part of a trade package for the Black Bart.

I've finally overcome my analysis paralysis. I think. No wait...
Yes I have. Funny you should ask, but I only recently picked out 2 knives for my wife and I. When I open up my mothballed wallet and actually make the purchase, I'll let you know. But I've finally decided. I'm pretty sure I've finally decided. I'm almost sure...
Mem had a number of ideas last winter for shooting video on this trip. However I never saw the video camera once. I must admit to some restless nights sleeping. "Is that the hum of mosquitoes, or a tape recorder?" "Did I just hear a small BEEP, or did you have seconds of Shepherd's Pie?"

I take the trusty Canadian Tire $9.95 folding knife with me. Have had it for years.I use it mostly for kitchen chores.I have been looking at fixed blade knives but that just means I will have to get some trick rig to carry it with. I mean, you cant just strap it on your belt. I would need suspenders to hold my pants up then. The last thing I want is to end up looking like Red Green.

I think a smallish axe would be better than a bigger knife. And a chain saw. I loooooove my chain saws.

I actually carried a small folder in my pocket. It's a Schrade Uncle Henry my daughter gave me. I put a keen edge on it and carry it most days. Small, sharp and sentimental. I like it. After this trip, I could get sentimental about chain saws too.

Back