• Happy Cinco De Mayo! 🇲🇽🎸💃🪅🌶️

There's a Fox in the neighborhood

Robin, Are you going to move ahead with the Fox build? I'm really interested in seeing it take shape.

Out of curiosity, what would your buddy charge for a shell? (just off the form) It seems to me that building the form is a huge barrier to entry for building your own wc boat. Am I wrong?

Just curious?

Robin, Are you going to move ahead with the Fox build? I'm really interested in seeing it take shape.

Out of curiosity, what would your buddy charge for a shell? (just off the form) It seems to me that building the form is a huge barrier to entry for building your own wc boat. Am I wrong?

Just curious?

I have other projects that need to be completed first, and some will be sold. If all goes well, I'll have gas money for a trip to western Ontario and funds left over for the Fox build.

I will find out what a shell build would cost, or if he is interested in doing it at all. There is alot of work involved getting the canoe to the completed shell, but yes, that form is really the key to building your own wood canvas canoe.

Mihuns Fox would probably be cheaper than a finished new Fox and an excellent condition original too boot.

It is possible to build a "one off" form. I know of one person who has done it based on plans from Douglas Ingram. A fellow out in Saskatchewan did it on a stretched Fox.

Robin, with gas prices dropping how they are, the money saved each month could go to your tripping fund for next year. I know I'm saving almost $100 a month just from commuting to work.

Back