• Happy Incorporation of Hudson's Bay Co. (1670) 🍁🦫🪓

That Early Morning Paddle

Thank you for sharing the video. I can't get out on the water myself this morning. Watching your video helped me regain my morning Zen. :)
What do you use for wrapping your paddles?

Dagger said "What do you use for wrapping your paddles?"

It's the same tape used on the grips of racing bicycles. This one is the insulated and padded type. Quiet, resistant, warm and comfy on the hands. Buy only the better quality stuff that is sold in pro bike shops. Mine have been on for about 10 years now and are still in great shape.

Gerald

I am assuming that tape is rather grippy. Do you find that it slides across the gunwale OK when doing a Canadian stroke?

It slides ok. I'm not a great fan of prying off the gunnels except in an emergency when solo in heavy seas. I also use mostly a semblance of the Canadian Stroke. Actually I hardly ever touch the gunnels at all being close to the water in a kneeling position. When I sit my stroke seems to be less consistent.

Gerald

OK,, that was fabulous with my morning coffee today. I was impressed with your ability to go in a straight line Gerald. I have noticed that it comes naturally to some people and totally escapes others no matter how much they try. You sir, are one with the paddle.
Now if only that had been a wood canvas canoe I would have been in heaven...lol.

Christy

Christy, If I would have been paddling a WC canoe I would have been in heaven as a WC canoe is just too heavy for me now over long portages. How do you get a Chestnut Pal down to 40 lbs.
Cheers,
G.

sailsman63, I must say that as soon as our Labor Day weekend has gone by, just before moose hunting starts, that there is a great opportunity for some enjoyable time alone in the bush up here. This year the weather aloso cooperated. .

G.

Back