• Happy National Scotch [Whisky] Day! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🥃🚱

Temagami Trip This Summer

Reaction score
I'm planning a 10 day trip to Temagami in late July and early August with my son-in-law. We'll be doing a big loop that will try to follow a route taken by my mother, her then boy friend, and a couple of friends in August 1939. I've described the trip based on mom's notes on MYCCR, which seems to be down right now.

One issue we need settled is where to park the car for those ten days.

Are there places in Temagami Village where we could park for that length of time? Any idea of the cost?

Just some ideas.
Temagami Outfitters is located not far from the docks, they might know about parking.
An OPP office is located across from the docks, they might be of help.
And then there's the Info desk in the old train station.
Otherwise though not in the village possibly there is Temagami Marine.

There is ample free parking at the end of Central Access Rd where cottagers and Temagami Island FN park (they have their own resstricted parking area). This is a Lake Temagami access with docks and boat ramp. However this is a drive outside of town, but if you wanted to alter your route start/finish this could work. Also, I've seen people phone for the town taxis from here.

There is ample free parking at the end of Central Access Rd where cottagers and Temagami Island FN park (they have their own resstricted parking area). This is a Lake Temagami access with docks and boat ramp. However this is a drive outside of town, but if you wanted to alter your route start/finish this could work. Also, I've seen people phone for the town taxis from here.
Great info. I'll check it out.
My mom started with a steamboat ride to Bear Island from Temagami Village. Their canoe trip started and ended there. Which, of course, is no longer an option. So parking at the end of the Central Access Rd is a perfect alternative.
Thanks!

Back