• Happy National Blueberry Pie Day! 🫐🥧

Sylvania Wilderness - Mountain lake Loop off Crooked Lake.

Reaction score
I had never been to Sylvania Wilderness before. I decided I'd do a One Night Solo Trip Saturday till Sunday. I've been avoiding Sylvania for so long due to how many people go there, and boy were there a lot of people. I saw 40 boats on Crooked Lake alone before I even got to Mountain Lake where my campsite was. Ermine 1 was just a bad campsite. The Latrine was up a pretty steep hill, and there were no level tent pads. I ended up pulling myself off the side of the tent all night. I forgot my fishing pull but could see all kinds of fish swimming around...

Day 2 I decided to loop back through East and west Bear Lake, Kerr, and High Lakes... This loop was cool and less people, although still a lot of people on High Lake.

I'll probably end up going back, but definitely in the spring or Fall when its colder out and there are less people. Everyone said the fishing was great.

I made a video of my trip...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yX4OKrWDCbg&feature=youtu.be

Early October is a great time to paddle Sylvania. The fall colors are fabulous and you have most of the place to yourself. After October 1st there are no camping fees also. You still have to self-register at the kiosk at the office going in and pick your campsites.

That's my favorite route through the park. Nice report.

Back