• Happy National Garlic Day! 🧄🚫🧛🏼‍♂️

Some protection?

I am not sure I want that thing going off in the middle of the night because a raccoon walked through camp and waking me up. Plus, it seems to only sense in the direction it is facing. I would need four of them while camping.

Another wonderful example of marketing to fear. Imagined fears. No thanks. In some forty days of camping from Florida to Ontario this year my biggest challenge was a pesky raccoon.. I bearsprayed him. He left and told other fellow coons that humans are not friendly.

I can comfortably go to the Yukon (where we will be for six weeks) with bear spray and bear bangers. The food must stay away some 1/4 mile even though it will be bear canistered and the dehydrated stuff blue barrelled.

I, too, like my sleep as uninterrupted as possible. The buzzer is described as "ear piercing to animals", what exactly does that mean? The only ear piercing I'd want would be an ear lobe, not my ear drum.

I doubt I would have this in my kit. Possibilities may be a base camp while I'd be off on a side trip or an important food drop.

I have no idea about the weight, it seems small and packable. More weight than spray and bangers, I suspect.

The reported field of view is 170 degrees at a depth of 35 feet. So you may get by with only 3 Willis. ;-)

Still, it is an interesting concept needing some refinement.

I may get one for my garden to see if it scares off woodchucks.

I have the new improved model; runs on Purina One and is omnidirectional. I notice the alarm is proportional to the perceived threat. If none of my deterrents work it will give it's all to protect me.
Best Wishes, Rob

Back