• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Some people have all the luck

Reaction score
Couple of days ago I got a message from a friend wanting to talk solo canoes. He'd pretty much decided he wanted one, and wanted to know what I had and what I thought, etc, etc. We talked a bit, and knowing how infrequently solo boats show up in the used market around here I mentioned some outfitters nearby that might have something in stock he could look at, and we left it at that. The very next day -- the Very Next Day -- a Wenonah Prism in one of the aramid layups shows up on the local craigslist for $1500. Needless to say he snapped it up.

I swear if I was in the market it would have taken 5 years for that boat to show up. :/

Two years ago a rare Blackhawk solo popped up very close by. I love Blackhawks and got excited and my wife encouraged me to go buy it so I did. A day or two later a Sawyer Summersong popped up fairly close to me for $300 or $400. I was excited but my wife told me that "you don't need that boat". It sold quickly. I fixed up the Blackhawk and sold it since it was a lot like the canoes I already have. I still want a Summersong.

Couple of days ago I got a message from a friend wanting to talk solo canoes. He'd pretty much decided he wanted one, and wanted to know what I had and what I thought, etc, etc. We talked a bit, and knowing how infrequently solo boats show up in the used market around here I mentioned some outfitters nearby that might have something in stock he could look at, and we left it at that. The very next day -- the Very Next Day -- a Wenonah Prism in one of the aramid layups shows up on the local craigslist for $1500. Needless to say he snapped it up.

I swear if I was in the market it would have taken 5 years for that boat to show up. :/

I SAW THAT! It didn't last 4 hours. I would have had a 13 hour roundtrip, so in a way I'm glad he got it.

Until a few weeks ago, 2020 had very few solo canoe gems in our used market. Now they’re coming out of the woodwork. Missed on a few great ones. Also been lucky and early enough to land a few for me and my friends. This week we found one my buddy has been after for years.

Back