• Happy Birthday, Liberace (1919-87)! 🤵🏻🎹🕎

Solo expedition build

I like following his progress via SPOT, very interesting and hearing your local weather issues makes it even more so. I'm looking forward to seeing his next position on the SPOT.

I like following his progress via SPOT
I'm looking forward to seeing his next position on the SPOT.

Same here. He seems to be making good time and it is fun to zoom in to see the islands and penninsulas chosen as campsite.

I clicked on the link Alan put up but I can't seem to see anything but a blank page. Am I missing something?

So Spot puts Alan at Bloodvein Village today. 5 days down from the forks of the Gammon/Bloodvein he must be moving quick with long days. Not much for the scenery I guess. Will have to wait and see what he does now. He did say he had 40 days, take 2 days each end for travelling, so he should have 22 days to get back to Red Lake.

We are having killer thunderstorms today which are hitting that area right about now. We here got about 2" of rain in a half hour and that is going his way, so low water should not be an issue. Cold front moving through will inspire all sorts of rainfall.

Interesting SPOT today from what appears to be the middle of Aikens lake.

I wonder if Present Alan has been discussing a rudder with Past Alan.

Alan's Father Roy here. I also thought it odd he would report in at 10:30 AM from the middle of what appears to be a large lake. Keeping my fingers crossed.(-:

Checked the weather, gusts to 18 MPH out of the Northwest. Hopefully he is simply skipping along.

Hi Roy, for what it is worth, I seriously doubt if Alan would send a spot signal from the middle of Aikens lake if he was in any sort of danger because he wouldn't be able to get the device out and play with it if he was struggling with the weather. I am sure that the location placement was to say "look, I took the Gammon and am close to Ontario and Woodland Caribou PP."

He is doing very well and probably having the time of his life - in a good way.

LF Tripper and Robin. Thank you for your calming words. I am sure you are correct. Simply my job to worry. (-:. it.

LF Tripper and Robin. Thank you for your calming words. I am sure you are correct. Simply my job to worry. (-:. it.

Roy, I hope my observational curiosity didn’t add to your concerns. I figured Alan had simply stopped on some mid-lake rock spit island too small to show up on the map for a break, and took to opportunity while out in the open to send an Everything is OK message.

Having used a Spot fairly frequently, one thing that I have noticed is that it can sometimes take up to a half hour to send a message. He probably stopped at one of the islands, perhaps even camped there, before making the crossing. He probably pressed his button, got tired of waiting for it to send, and carried on. By the time the Spot sent the message, he could have travelled a significant distance. That's my guess anyway.

Back