• Happy National Rocky Road Day! 🪨 🇪 🛣️🍨

Snowboard bags for paddle transport

You say potato, I say potawto, you say tomato, I say tomawto...you say paddle bag, I say purse.

7a3ee2626193aedd004cf0695b37a504 (1).jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	7a3ee2626193aedd004cf0695b37a504 (1).jpg Views:	1 Size:	95.2 KB ID:	93127

Last edited:
You say potato, I say potawto, you say tomato, I say tomawto...you say paddle bag, I say purse.

I do like that fur coat.

Sometimes I carry a big freaking purse. A floral print, didn’t-sell-well, “woman’s” (???) snow board bag. There were no manly camo bags on sale as cheap at the time.

On family trips we have four double blades, four single blades and four sails. I bought a double ski bag from Steep & Cheap years ago; all of that family propulsion ilk fits in one bag when packing/unpacking, carrying to and from the car and down to the boats when launching or landing. One bag to rule them all.

For a solo or single companion trip a cheap snowboard bag works smaller/better. I stuck a couple lengths of old ensolite in ours as padding/dividers. I put the Kelty tarp poles in that transport bag as well, and sometimes a golf umbrella.

It is nice to have all the long linear stuff, that becomes an awkward to carry armful of pick-up-sticks, contained in a single bag for packing and transport. Any time there is a shuttle involved a distinctive floral print ski/snowboard bag is grab it and got-it-all convenient.

Only a few camo snow board bags left, and all of the paisley prints are gone. Maybe this for something distinctive.

https://www.steepandcheap.com/dakine-freestyle-snowboard-bag-womens?skid=DAK013B-SILONY-S165CM

The snowboard bag we have will fit a couple of straight shafts and a bent shaft, although ours is 7”wide throughout the length and it appears that the current Steep and Cheap bags are tapered to 7” wide in the middle where the bindings would be located. Even so they should still work for a bent and a straight shaft paddle or two.

Even on family trips I am the only one who occasionally brings a bent, a delicate old Camp paddle, and I don’t put it in the bag with the other mass of paddles, but instead slide it into Remington gun sock and transport it separately.

Four pack of gun socks for $25

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/remington-52-gun-sock-4-pack?a=606319

When I transport paddles in the box built into the truck bed I use a gun sock on each, just so they don’t rattle around and get dinged. Those gun socks are quite stretchy and will accommodate even wider blades or paddles longer than 52 inches.

Back