• Happy National Audubon Day! 🐣🐦🦅🕊️

Silent Entry

That would be a spade tip shovel. It is more of a finesse shovel as opposed to a square tip which is better for power.

:D;):rolleyes:

When I taught a beginner beginner class I issued closet dowels. It actually was a valuable lesson as it taught there was never a need to feel up crapts Creek! And the dowels were friggin cheap. But don't you think a posthole digger would be even better?

That thing isn't even a shovel, it's a spade. We always called the "pointy" shovels spade tips at work. I thought it had to do with them being shaped like a spade, as in a playing card.

Before ping pong paddles, Nessmuk, pudding sticks and the Piragis catalogue, native paddlers used the one arm paddling technique I mentioned above.

That's the technique I use.

I saw a paddle made without a shaft, It had a strap, and a cut out for the hand. To me it was just a gimmick, and an excuse for not having the skill to use the trick in your pic Glenn !

Thanks Glenn.

Always called the square ones "transfer" shovels as they are not meant for digging but transferring material from one place to another. Spade shovels are for digging

Back