• Happy Birthday, Liberace (1919-87)! 🤵🏻🎹🕎

She's Heeeere!

Can you sneak it into the garage and just pretend it's been there all along? Maybe pile some boxes on it? Congratulations!

Mike

Can you sneak it into the garage and just pretend it's been there all along? Maybe pile some boxes on it? Congratulations!

Mike

My canoe partner tried that, his wife came out as we closed the garage door. I quickly unloaded his gear from my car and left.

SeeYa.

I think she's suspicious. Caught me moving boats around in the garage. Taking the trailer to get washed in a rainrstorm later doesn't sound right either.

Well it appears I have another day to get my story straight and break the news. High winds will likely keep me homebound today.

Last edited:
A Little Tip about breaking news to the Wife !
As always, no Guarantees !

Years ago I bought a $200 Wild Wood, Bent shaft paddle, it felt soo good in my hands ! On the way home from the canoe show, atthe Mid West Mtn, Spring Event, I worried about telling my Bride of my Extravagant purchase !
At the time My Dearest, was interested in Terry Redlin Prints ! A bell rang in my head ! (It was loud, like an empty Oil Drum)

I would just explain that the paddle was just like a Terry Redlin print to me ! It wasn't just another paddle ! I would Cherish
it !

Well, She graciously accepted my explanation, and I pull that paddle out of it's stretchy cotton bag, and fondle it every once in awhile ! I still remember that clever maneuver, and a smile comes to my face !

Well I don't know if it will work in your case ? But worth a try ! Good Luck !

Jim

I find that selling off some of the fleet that I dont use much helps with accepting new boats into their place. Of course since about half of them are waiting resoration I can always pass them off as investments. Because I am soooooo getting rich off that.

Christine

I find that selling off some of the fleet that I dont use much helps with accepting new boats into their place.

I find that works especially well when you already have multiple boats and keep an empty rack slot of two available. Not so much “acceptance” as never even noticed.

I just try and buy the same color :cool:

Well, we do have a bunch of red canoes.

Yeah, that IXP layup is a little gray compared to all the kevlar canoes, or I wouldn't worry. Anyway, I picked it up. It's beautiful (still on the trailer under the carport). And I'm happyish.

Gunwales are a smoked color. Seat is simple, classic. I love the position of the rear thwart...won't be jabbing me or my ditch kit. The foot brace is not as easily adjusted as my Wenonahs, but doesn't need to be. I'll get a better look before I quickly haul her up to the garage ceiling. I have a nice inconspicuous place to hang her.

Last edited:
Ok, busy day. Things happened and I couldn't get her moved. Wife said, "You know, I don't remember that canoe on the traier." Guess I'm busted.

Last edited:
[No message]

Attachments

• photo11083.jpg
    photo11083.jpg
    352.6 KB · Views: 2
  • photo11084.jpg
    photo11084.jpg
    457.4 KB · Views: 2
  • photo11085.jpg
    photo11085.jpg
    297.7 KB · Views: 2
  • photo11086.jpg
    photo11086.jpg
    266.6 KB · Views: 2
  • photo11087.jpg
    photo11087.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 2
  • photo11088.jpg
    photo11088.jpg
    353.1 KB · Views: 2
Trimmed out for a double blade paddle ?

Looks good ! But the Wife doesn't look that happy ! Now
s the time to bring up Terry Redlin Prints !
:rolleyes:

Jim

Last edited:
Back