• Happy National Telephone Day! 🔔☎️📱📶

Retired Wenonah Canoe Models (on-line link)

G

I don’t know how long Wenonah has had this information available on-line, but there is now a page with old catalog links to retired Wenonah canoes, including some racing models and kayaks.

https://wenonah.com/Retired/

Good link to bookmark.

Nice find, Mike.

A friend has a Whisper but I've never been able to find anything about it and only brief mentions on forums. Apparently it wasn't very popular. Funny how one person's fast and tippy canoe is another persons day paddler for lilly dipping.

Hers is the UL Kevlar model so at around 30 pounds it was perfect for something easy to handle off the water and loading on/off the car.

Alan

I've been using that link a lot here lately looking at used Wenonahs. Glad they have it up so that you can get some idea if the boat your looking at.

Alan - I bought a Whisper the other and had no idea what it was. I am over the weight limit for it. But love to paddle it. Heck I've been taking my fishing gear with me and fishing out of it.

Good info- thanks Mike. I have a 16.5 Echo from the 80’s. My first decent canoe and I still use it occasionally. Some find it a bit tippy, but I’ve never had any issues as long as the other paddler isn’t too big. My first swim in white water was with a 6’4” buddy in the bow. He sat on the floor for the rest of the trip... poor guy. Funny how some of your “failures” turn into your best memories after time!

Bob

Back