• Happy National Zipper Day (pat. 1913)! 🤐

Red bars?

Reaction score
WNY south of Buffalo (closer to Turtle than he rea
I know there was some discussion before about the red bars under the name but nobody seemed to know why. Robin now has 4 and Sweeper has 2. Having spent a little time with both, I don't think the red signifies any type of demerits. Anybody have any ideas? I seem to have too much time on my hands these days and being the curious guy that I am, I just ponder studid stuff like curious red bars:confused:

"Bars, I don't need no stinking bars!!" misquote from a old movie. Must be a slow day for canoe travel or the real trippers are all out tipping. Only us Wantabes and old folks lurking on the net.
I did walk down to the Hoot Owl Pool and caught some Arctic grayling with my Heddon #35 bamboo rod, Ross RR2 reel, and a Pink Klink dry fly. On the way saw a mama spruce grouse with eight babies that are as big as her. My border collie treed a bunch of pine squirrels, he also covered about 3 times the mileage that I did (about 1.5).

The babies are fully grown still with the mother, learning how to grouse properly, before the autumn dispersal. They didn't have any red on them, they were eating red lingon berries though. Lots of yellow leaves on the birch and aspen here, Mother Nature has flipped the page to the first days of autumn. Out at Creamer's Dairy yesterday, Sandhill Cranes and Canadian Geese fueling up for their trip South.
here is a link to Spruce grouse

Back in January there was thread about bars, like about four pages of replies and it was giving Robin fits, I hope he is out somewhere where the "Bars" won't get to him.

No Title

I found it.

If you go to the top right corner of any CanoeTripping page, click your name up at the top. A menu drops down and pick User Settings. Then pick the Account tab when the user settings page comes up.

Scroll down until you see Forum Skin. There's one in there called "new - kim". That one gives you the confounded bars instead of locations. Change it to "Default Style" to get locations back. It's too early on a Sunday morning for bars.

Attachments

• photo7757.png
    photo7757.png
    56.7 KB · Views: 0
  • photo7758.png
    photo7758.png
    33.2 KB · Views: 0
  • photo7759.png
    photo7759.png
    34.2 KB · Views: 0
  • photo7760.png
    photo7760.png
    13.6 KB · Views: 0
  • photo7761.png
    photo7761.png
    16.7 KB · Views: 0
I thought you were talking about a second brood of little ones.

We have grouse here, and ran into a few the other day, but hadn't seen any little one in a while.

What's 'Normal', I working away from normal.

Is it normal to get in a boat, go into the backcountry, live with the bugs, carry the boat over rocks and between lakes?

What's absolutely normal here is the outer fringe in the real world, aka 'The Matrix'. Most people I talk politely nod their heads and then ask 'Why do you go thru all of this?'

Back