• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Powley-Piseco Rd daytrips

Reaction score
For the last three weeks out of four, MDB and I have been paddling and hiking around Piseco Lake.
I've already posted photos of Fall Stream...Here are some photos from a couple of calendar photo weekends.

Clockmill Pond, yeah, it was a hike, but it will be included in a loop trip, paddling several seldom paddled waters. The pond itself has some beautiful shoreline, and would look much nicer from the seat of a canoe!

DSC_0649.JPG

Here's My Darling Bride wiggling her way up Goldmine Stream, a tributary of the W Branch of the E Canada Creek.

DSC_0683.JPG

The following weekend, we returned to the W Branch of E Canada Creek, this time paddling downstream first, for a couple of miles, until we reached a rock garden. Below the rock garden was all rapids and waterfalls, none of it navigable at these summer water levels.

DSC_1025.JPG

As I said, we had some calendar photo weather, a little cool to start, but by lunchtime it was just about perfect. Very few obstructions, and only 2 beaver dams, one runnable both directions, one not...

This is the not.

DSC_1041.JPG

Here's a look at the 2nd beaver dam, with Goldmine Hill in the background.

DSC_1050.JPG

After returning upstream to our put in, we continued upstream to paddle the main trunk of the W Branch...funny that the tributary is about twice as wide and open as the main creek!!

DSC_1097.JPG

Here was the only beaver dam, but it's a tall one!

DSC_1103.JPG

And lastly, here is Sand Lake, another body that will be part of that loop including Clockmill Pond. Someday, someday...

DSC_1128.JPG

BTW, we saw not another person while we were on the water...

Thanks, Cronje.

I get that question often...The lens is an AF-S Nikkor 18-200 VR F3.5-5.6 G ED, it is no longer in production, replaced by essentially the same lens but with a zoom lock, the zoom on this lens tends to slip down due to that darned gravity thing.
The camera is a Nikon D80, a now outdated DSLR.
BTW, all those photos are straight out of the camera, no manipulation or photoshop tricks...
I use an ISO setting of 100 and intentionally underexpose nearly every frame. I take many different exposures and compostions of the same subject, I usually get 1 keeper for every 100 or so frames.

Back