• Happy Midnight Ride of Paul Revere (1775)! ⛪🕯️🕛🏇🏼

Poll: How many canoes and kayaks do you now own?

Poll: How many canoes and kayaks do you now own?

• None

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 3.7%

Votes: 5 9.3%

Votes: 12 22.2%

Votes: 7 13.0%

Votes: 7 13.0%
  • 6-9

Votes: 12 22.2%
  • 10-14

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • 15 or more

Votes: 4 7.4%

• Total voters
Muskrat, I didn't build it myself but the pattern came from Gil Gilpatricks book " Building a Strip Canoe". It's a great WW boat having rocker the full length of the hull but not quite big enough for two people with a lot of gear on an extended trip. It has fiberglass cloth with West Systems epoxy resin.

I'm not claiming the OT Loon I bought for my daughter, which is still stored here....

NC Prospector in the heavier "standard" RX, MR kev Malicite, Millbrook Coho, Dagger Sojourn, and the wife's Wilderness Chesapeake (I'm calling it a decked solo canoe). There would be more, if not for storage limitations. I'll work in a solo stripper soon somehow, and if I can get creative with available space I hope to someday add a Millbrook AC/DC.

The way I see it, the nnumber is meaningless, so long as they are all a little different. ;)

NC Prospector in the heavier "standard" RX, MR kev Malicite, Millbrook Coho, Dagger Sojourn, and the wife's Wilderness Chesapeake (I'm calling it a decked solo canoe).

The way I see it, the nnumber is meaningless, so long as they are all a little different. ;)

Prospector, Malicite, Coho, Sojourn and Chesapeake; I think Steve wins at having 5 boats that are all more than a little different.

The mental line chart of the poll results shows two distinct peaks, 3 boats and 6 to 9 boats , with the averaged of 50 respondent owing something like 6.48 boats.

Steve, storage schmorage, you need at 1.48 more boats just to be average.

What stripper build are you thinking?

Prospector, Malicite, Coho, Sojourn and Chesapeake; I think Steve wins at having 5 boats that are all more than a little different.

The mental line chart of the poll results shows two distinct peaks, 3 boats and 6 to 9 boats , with the averaged of 50 respondent owing something like 6.48 boats.

Steve, storage schmorage, you need at 1.48 more boats just to be average.

What stripper build are you thinking?

I think I've settled on the Kite. I'm hoping to do it this winter, but I also have a couple sailboats to work on.

I have found a space to squeeze another solo canoe into, and the Kite will go there. Then, I need to make a space for a whitewater solo.....

Back